Friday 24 October 2008

Four Of Us in the Memorable Yesteryears

Among us, Mus was the first to enter Pernec in early 2000, both Mauze and Ellyn joined few months after , and then later in December 18, 2000, I came onboard.


Mauze was standing at the copier machine, with papers in her hand, looked very sweet with her flowery pink baju kurung, smiling at me. From the look, I knew that she must be a fresh grad, like me. Well, not that I was sweet like her, but we both were innocent i guess. We exchanged smiles and i remember me talking to myself, "comelnyer budak ni"


Not many people were in the office. Later I was told that most of them were at clients' office, for projects assignment. I learned out that Mauze is younger than me by a year, and a fresh grad from UTM Skudai. I remember being very awkward in starting conversation with Mauze. Simply because she's younger and I didnt know how/what to address her. I didnt know whether I should use "I/You" or "Saya/awak" or "Kita/awak" or "akak/awak" or "ngko/aku" ... :-) So, I decided to go with "I/You" ... just to start formal.


"You buat apa tu, busy ke" She was busy looking into newspapers' classified section, with pen in one hand, and phone in another hand. Few businesscards were also on her desk. Busy.


"Tak adalah, I tengah survey nak beli kereta" :-) OK. wow. Kayanya minah ni, fresh grad dh nk beli kereta. I was talking to myself.


And the conversations going on ... but I still feel uncomfortable using "I/You" in our conversation. Then, it was her who started using "aku" in her words and it doesn't took me long to feel very comfortable with that.


A week after, I met Mus and Ellyn as I was assigned to the same project as theirs, at one of the local bank,in Shah Alam.


Like Mauze, Ellyn is also comel, with a sweet big smile. But unlike Mauze, I've known Ellyn from 1995 when we studied together in MCC, Kuantan and later in UiTM. It was her who welcomed me when I arrived at the 5th Floor of the bank's building. Her friendliness has helped me to easily adapt to the work environment. With her it's easier to talk since we've known each other long before that. We liked teasing each other and its good that she's an open minded person who can take jokes and at the same time, quite an outspoken person.



Like Ellyn, I've also known Mus long before, in 1990-1991 She was my senior during my secondary school in TIGS Batu Pahat. I was in form one and she was in form 4. She left TIGS in 1991 after SPM and I left TIGS in 1992 after SRP. It was coincident that we met again in Pernec.
Mus was very helpful and sincere. It was her who helped me in Microsoft Excel as i never learned or used excel before that. With her, I was not as playful as being with Mauze n Ellyn because Mus is quiet a sensitive person, and a bit reserved compared to Ellyn and Mause.


Shah Alam, was the place where our friendship grew. A lot of activities we did together when we were there. Together with the bank staff n also the vendors, Maheran, Syahmi, Faizal, Fendi, Edwin and Harish ... we made those years as the most wonderful years ....


Many things had happened. Most of them were wonderful and some were just too painful to be remembered for some of us. Now, all four of us have left the place that bring us together, and gone to different places for better life. But honestly, I missed them and our times together.


Four of us, i think we are best friends, without having to declare it. Even though things that happened weren't always good, but so far we still keep our friendship in a good shape. We don't always agree to each other, but I guess that is what is special about our friendship.


As far as I can remember,

Mus was the first to enter Pernec, and I was the last
Mauze was the first to get her own car, and Ellyn was the last
Ellyn was the first to get married and has kids, and Mus was the last
I was the first to start blogging, and Mauze was the last ... (huhuhu.. mcm x relate je ni)


To these friends that are very dear to me, I would like to say thank you and sorry for everything, and Let us pray that our friendship will last forever.

I am writing about them to show my support for whatever they do, Mus, for the new job, hoping she will be stronger facing every challenges to come. Mauze, also for her new job, hopefully there are a lot of new discoveries in the new place for her career/self development. and Ellyn, for her new pregnancy, hope its going to be a wonderful journey. :-). For all of them, because recently they hv continue writing in their blogs. Caiyork!

Fara.

5 comments:

  1. HuHuhuuhu....rasa macam terharu je. Dahle pagi td dok dgr kiran nangis kat ERA. Baca blog ko pun rasa terharu, hiba, seronok...dok automatic teringat our old good days. Frenship forever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. uwaa.. sedey betul aku baca.. aku terharu sungguh.. kalo ikutkan kat blog aku pon nak cite gak macam ko tp x reti plak..

    jadiknye aku refer kat blog ko ler..

    best jerk zaman2 muda dulu..

    ReplyDelete
  3. mode tunggu ko buat entry pasal aku lak ekekekekeke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:16 am

    Adusss .. tersentuh giler beb baca entry nih ... hahahah fara ... mus a lil bit reserved haaa ... ok laa tuh .. dia bukan reserved, dia lambat warm up ... haahha

    Anyway my frens .. i will always remember u ols.. thanks a lots..

    - KM -

    ReplyDelete
  5. yups.. saya yang melihat dari kejauhan yang x jauh pon terasa keterharuan itu.. long live friendship!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts