Monday 10 November 2008

My Car

On last Hari Raya Puasa, our car accidentally hit another car at Jln Meru, in our way back from last minute shopping at Tesco Setia Alam. I was not the driver, if that is what you have in ur mind, okay?


Front bonnet's damages was obvious and needed a repair. Since the car can still be running and more important, because we have jussstttt 'invested' our RM in Tesco, we decided to keep it that way at least until after hari raya(read: until we have budget for that). With the condition of the car, we still enjoyed our hari raya until the last episodes of open houses. :-)


Worse, as I have mentioned in my prev entry, the driver window was also not functioning. We ignored that one too. I dont know why. Its just that we think that can wait. We can still pay toll with the door open. not a big deal.


And then the bumper. It got hit by a motorcycle i dont remember when. Since then, It was not balance. We ignored that too.... pity my car ... "bumper dah jatuh" .. opsss


The centralized locking system was also not working. We ignored that too ...


It's like we have abandoned our car, our only car, the car that has been with me most of the time. The car that has loyally been 'listening' to all my ramblings whenever i am happy, or sad, or angry, or excited. Well, with the long home-office journey, if my car can talk, i believe all my secret will not be a secret anymore. Tell no one your secret but your car? huhuhu ...


Until last Friday.


I was on my way back from office when I noticed that the aircondition is not working. In a hot evening plus traffic jammed as heavy as usual especially from PJ to Sunway,I switch off the aircond and open all windows. It was hot, it was smoky, it was noisy and it was fine. No aircond is still fine.


Then the temperature's metre showed a high reading. Oh no, this is not fine. I noticed that everytime my car stopped, or slowing down, the temperature gets higher. I was bit panicked and started to take only most left lane, just in case i need to make an emergency stop. I was really really hoping and praying that the traffic will be smooth when I took NKVE thru Subang. And yup, traffic was fine and I can drive at 100km/h. I was quite relief when the reading going down below half.


It was not long though, as when i reached Setia Alam exit toll, the queue was long. And again, meter reading was going up, this time, faster. i was sweating. It was already 7.30pm, i know I must either drive fast, or stop. To drive fast was impossible with about 20 cars in front queuing. Nothing that I can do except to pass by all the cars, cut the queue short, pay off and go. Oh how i wished my smart tag has at least rm3 balance. huhuhu! ada smart tag pun x guna without balance ... hampeh!


The meter reading was quite stabil from Setia Alam to kapar ... but i didnt dare to take the normal route as I know normal route will be jammed because of the Friday's Pasar Malam. Hence I took another root. Little did I know the route were used mostly by big lorries, and they were all, slow. Going Slow means reading high. OMG! and how come suddenly there are so many traffic lights at jln kapar!!! whywhy why???? huhuhu ... uwaaa!! Please la, please let me reach my home .. my heart was not stopping from saying that. panic siot! worse, some part of the road were under repaired .. why now?? why why why??? memang sengal!! those things were slowing me down ... So at every traffic light i decided to stop while waiting for green light.


At the very last traffic light, when the light's green, despite car's speeding, meter's reading was not going down. and it went up so fast, and the pointer was sooo near to the red color, means the car is now very hot and dangerous. I made an immediate stop. It was around 3 kms distance to my house. I wanted to call husband to see if he can come and rescue me. Then I canceled as i know he is at home with the kids. I thought I can still proceed. After about 5 minutes stop, I made a move again. i guess my heart was beating faster than the car's speed. I wanted to be at home, if possible with a blink of an eye. ok, tht is not possible.


I was soooooo relief to see my housing area few mins later. At about 5 houses away from my house, the meter's reading was already at red area. Scared that it will blow up, i stopped and called husband. He came walking and took the car from me. I cried when I told him the whole story. He just smiled. I hate it when he just smiled when I was freaking panic. Does he think it's funny?? huh! grrrr!!!


Now, on second thought, I think it was quite funny. huhuhu ...


Continue later u ols! ... on My Weekend ...

5 comments:

  1. Kereta Ija dulu2 penah jadi gitu, bila slow temp naik. Bila jalan jam aje, kena benti sebab siap dah merah tu.

    So, try check kipas, function ke tidak. Atau try check power utk kasi kipas tu jalan.

    Kes Ija dulu, beratus duit habis, tukar itu tukar ini tapi tak jalan-jalan jugak(hampehnya pomen), rupanya power utk fan tu yang konk. Tukar power tu, ok cun sampai skang, alhamdulillah.

    Take care fara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:49 am

    Linn, tu la nyer, aku mana la tau benda2 gitu, tau drive ajer ... pastu panik wakakkaa! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohh patut laaa. Kenapa tak tukar ekjos buluh?? wakakaka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:33 pm

    aritu kena gak keter aku, kipas tak jalan..pastu geram nyer pasal aku soh LB ketuk ngan botol, pastu elok lak dia pusing keekekekeke

    arc

    ReplyDelete
  5. perghh.. aku yg baca ni pon seramm jerk.. anyway .. ko selamat sampai ke umah

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts