Friday 15 April 2005

I will travel empty handed

There is not a single thing I have collected in my life
that I would ever want to bring
except the love of those who loved me,
and the warmth of those who cared.
The happiness and memories and magic that we shared.
Though I will know the joy of solitude
I'll never be alone.
I'll be embraced by all the family and friends
I've ever known.
Although I might not see their faces
all our hearts will beat as one,
and the circle of our spirits
will shine brighter than the sun.
I will cherish all the friendship I was fortunate to find,
all the love and all the laughter
in the place I leave behind.
All these good things will go with me.
They will make my spirit glow,
and that light will shine forever
in the next place that I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts